Friday, December 5, 2008

4 Mumbai'Kars



A group of four friends, 4 Mumbai' Kars!

Gateway of India! The place, where they were chatting!
A cigarette, a cup of tea… they were discussing about their future. How old were they?? Around 20-22, I guess!

One said, "Fuck this study of Medicine yaar! Wish I could help dad in his business! Life is getting hell!"

Another friend said, "Architect! I thank God for giving me an opportunity to fulfill my childhood dream! It is not a piece of Bread & Butter though!"

Another one said, "My dad has helped me a lot man! He is just great! I want to be like him, a Lawyer! It will be laborious, indeed!"

Last one said, "I just want to finish my degree, as soon as possible! Want to share my hand in our paper mill. Dad is getting older."

… They were certainly dreaming big, dreaming to be a successful in their own domains.

One suddenly asked, "Where do you see yourself after 20years?"
"Together, chatting at the same place!" one joked!
"Hey come on man! We will be rich man! We will meet at a 5star I guess! What say?"
"Sure, definitely at Taj! What say Mr. Architect?"
"If you pay the bill, I won't mind"

They all started laughing!

"Did you hear Prasant is here for his Medical Conference?"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes! I am"
"Then mail him, ask him to meet us! Inform Barun also; hope he will manage an evening from his paper mill!"

…They come to meet on 26th November, 2008 at the Dinning Room of Taj! After a decade I guess!

"So! Here are we, together!"
"Yes, at last! Huh!"
"If you mind, I don't care! But first order something, I am hungry"
Everybody started laughing at Suraj's word!
"Our Architect is still the same, no change!" Anuj said!
"Why should I change? I am not like the price of Barun's paper, which keeps on increasing!"
"Ha Ha Ha! Ok Ok! Let's order something"

Suddenly… "Why so noise man?" They heard two-three big sounds!
"Same old Mumbai! If you are doing your marriage, then do it peacefully na?" "I don't find any necessity of busting crackers! Man! They sound really horrifying"

NEWS FLASH
At around 9.15 pm, some terrorist attacked Mumbai City! They chose to attack 4-5 prime spots! Hotel TajMahal, Oberoi Hotel, Nariman House, VT, CST! Terrorist were carrying sophisticated weapons, hand grenades! They started firing at their will.

… Suraj died! Prasant had bullets in his arm & right chest! Anuj & Barun escaped through the kitchen! They were safe.

Suraj's funeral was done on 28th! His daughter is too young! She has thought, her father has gone to a place. Someone said, he will return soon! She is happy, her father always brings a present for her, from wherever he goes!
Prasant was shifted to Nanavati Hospital, he is out of danger now!

It is 3rd of December! Anuj and Barun meet at the Gateway of India! Still there is a crowd of media! Taj is partially dark! Few people are standing still, looking at the Taj.

Some young boys are chatting…


" Ye dil hain muskil, jina yahan
Jara hatke, jara bachke, ye hain Bombay Meri Jaan"

[ This is a small tribute to all the Mumbai'Kars, who lost their lives at 26/11 incident. My heart goes out to them... ]

11 comments:

Saikat Banerjee said...

I dropped here to check whether u have posted this... else for the first time.. I would have stolen this article of urs..
This is some plot..
just whoa..

cholbe cholbe... ekdom paglaaaa

keep blogging..
Love

Randeep said...

Hey really nice man.. Usually I don't read lengthy posts.. But U made me to.. carry on

Cheers
Randeep

Neo Parks said...

Way 2 go man. Highly innovative, heart warming tale. You hav brought the ground reality of a tragic incident that occurd miles away right at our doorsteps

Abhishek said...

i won't be too surprised if a movie uses this plot in recent future...a really touching tale...
good job...

Purva said...

very poignant. well written

shafeeq sha said...

nice work....

Rinzu said...

that was heart rendering...

arnab_unreal said...

@saikat... never think of doing this again! :P it seems u got really excited :P

@randeep... thanx for ur patience then :P

@dikson... thanx! :)

@abhishek... ramu doest read blogs... no worry :P thanks for ur high imagination anyway :)

@purva... thanx! :)

@shafeeq... thanx! :)

@rinzu... thnx to u too :)

Anonymous said...

Bhaalo hoyechhe. notun rokom post. bhaalo laaglo poRe.
usual ghyanghyan (aamar nijertaao taai-i) er cheye anek bhaalo.

Meghaa said...

wow.... its so touching... I almost had tears in my eyes.... fantabulous...

Unknown said...

this one brought tears in my eyes!
nothing could b a better tribute than this...I admit, I respect, I bow...

m just spell bound!!!

this one gonna make me a regular reader of ur blogs...for sure...