Thursday, March 5, 2009

Memories!

(Left to Right ... Dadamani, Kutti, Anirban, Avik, Babai, Me, Babu, Ayan)


It is my birthday! I am having a photo-session with my friends!

...I feel I am outplaced! It's not my place where, once I used to belong! Old memories are like sweet dreams! I feel, I have lost all... I don't want to wake up, don't want to face the real world!

We urged our school buses to run faster! Like everyone, we cursed our routine exams! Sundays were made for both-half matches... we were best sweepers
while removing from our pitch! Those "4/5 Rs. SONY rubber balls" were treasures... Wickets were brick made!

... The lanes, the roofs miss us... we miss them too!

I had the most powerful voice among all! Sounds of "aviiiiik", "babaaaaai" , "chotan daaaaaa" used to tear the evening air! No wonder all the aunts of my neighborhood used to curse me :) Our left hands were efficient in picking up "drain"ed balls! Legs were ready to run, freedom saluted us...

... We find ourselves confined in 4walls... freedom miss us too!

That irritating dog, poor aim of mine, a piece of stone... I never intended to break that glass :( Neither I could stop myself hitting those juicy
half-volleys into sky... oh yes! I had a poor record of breaking glasses :(

We had a drama group, a music band! "Bijoya Sammilon"s were the only shows where we used to perform! Chotan Da had the worst memory... Babai was the
best actor... Dadamani was the best singer:) and me? I am good at everything :)

...I miss the stage, we miss the applauds... the support!

Things have changed now!

No one shouts at us! The lane in front my house remains empty, every evening! Chotan Da has forgotten how to climb the pipes! Kutti misses his "chili desserts"! Babai doesn't crack jokes anymore, Ayan misses the sprint races...

I miss those days...

11 comments:

Abhishek said...

people find that the gone days are always better than the present.
childhood memories are always the sweetest and cherished long.

Unknown said...

walking down d memory lane!
nice one...but not upto my expectations!
may b the people involved will enjoy it more...

arin said...

nicely portrayed!!!
I think we all miss those days badly...
n d time is running out too bro, but we will ROCK ON again for sure. Put ur finger crossed...

ArUn raFi said...

Everyones become more self indulgent ryt?
one of those common posts about childhood that never go out of style.You can always write them and the readers would always enjoy them.everyone has gone through the same things.
i clearly remember the"drain"ed balls,freedom,names splitting through the evening air :)
too good.i am writing this with a smile on my face.just recollecting good ol days.
keep blogging

arnab_unreal said...

thank u all for ur comments :)

Saikat Banerjee said...

ektu blurred..
memories should b as sharp as the glitter of the gold..
none-the-less good 1 as usual.. :)

Unknown said...

fire dekha.......nice one!!!!reminds me of my childhood days....it has filled me with a weird feeling....bhalolaga ar mon kharap meshano!!!!

Sutanu Roy said...

Bhalo likhechis.............actually ota khali amra i feel korte pari ........ karon kebol amra i ota miss kori ...... sobai sob dike chonno chara bhabe chole gache ........ but oi din gulo ........ really astounding

jaggu said...

hey cool dude..made me rem those gud all days..gone r thosse days..

Razzer said...

Aww man.. u got me heading back to my own days gone by too.

Those days r turely the days that r pure gold in u ur life...
irreplacable and the most joyous.

Here's wishing every child gets a beautiful childhood...the best ever.

Every seen the 'Wonder years' or apna own 'Malgudi days'?

Nice post. Ill visit u more.
ANand. :-)

Soumya said...

Eto kandchis keno? Tui ekhono khub ekta boro hoye uthisni. Ota tor bhul dharona.

3 te jinish change hoyechhe.

1. tui din din fulchis. age roga chhili.
2. Age tui kukur take tara kortis ekhon kukurta toke tara kore.
3. Tui age Arnab chhili....

Good write up between :D