Tuesday, October 21, 2008

DaakNaam
















"naam er ami, naam er tumi...taai diye jaai chena" well with due regret i just successfully transformed Sukumar Ray into my own form! our parents gave us pretty cool good-names, but nicknames??? i doubt :)

our human society is totally undivided with respect to "naming"! never found any name strictly for the rich people & not for the poor's! really interesting :)

what are the common nicknames you have heard? babai, papai, pinky, rinky, pappu, mimi, diya, riya, chotan, bukai, tushi, rumi, pupai, takai, babu(the most famous) etc. have you ever tried to figure out the meaning of a nickname? well, nicknames in general don’t possess any meaning! these names are sometimes embarrassing you know... suppose accidentally you come across your childhood friend at a office party, "hii ghotka, how are you? kemon achis?" well, that may turn out horribly embarrassing!

suppose i have a bad nickname( bad= i just don't like it somehow)...one day a friend asks me "what is your nickname?" (that friend may or may not be a girl)...i reply to her ->"i don’t have any, people call me by my original name"...many of you have done this! right? (fortunately my nickname is not that bad).

some nicknames keep you evergreen, some make you old at child age! some make you a pretty one, some make you ugly! that is the credit of a nickname :)

well my nickname is burai, what is your nick name? please let me know!


5 comments:

arin said...

mine is babai
so common
But I like it!!!!

Soumya said...

Emon kelabo na esob ultopalta lekha beriye jabe. But very original idea I must say.

Unknown said...

I have lots of nicknames,actually it's only one name but those who love me they change my nicknames in various forms like tutul(actual one) then tuti,tuta,tulu,tuli,tutai etc etc

Unknown said...

babai,my nickname...
Nickname is not bad,it the luv of ur family members tht make them call u by such silly name.
Burai is a good nickname and u should not feel bad abt it.

Saikat Banerjee said...

nice thot to put
thats how a new blogger shud shoot
luvly r names..
so why not nicknames... :)

mine is babu.. a bit obvious for such an innocent guy lyk me..

regards,
Saikat